With the nearing of October half-term holidays, families of all kinds are rushing to get their holiday calendars filled with new and exciting adventures to make for a truly unforgettable family staycation. In todays fabulous article, we’ll be giving you three of the best October half-term staycation locations to bring the whole family together!
The magnificent Pembrokeshire Coast National Park is a country in the southwest of Wales, boarded by Carmarthenshire to the east and Ceredigion to the northeast. The county features a magnificent 186 miles of diverse coastline, award-winning beaches and idyllic towns and villages to explore!
The Welsh coast is one of the UKs most stunning coastlines to explore, and whilst it might be a tad too cold to swim during October (unless that’s your cup of tea!) there are plenty of other activities waiting to be experienced along the coastline such as:
- Venturing through picturesque towns and villages such as Tenby and St.Davids.
- Watching the wildlife and marine life
- Taking a trip to the theme park “Oakwood Park”
- Going on a family outing to “Folly Farm”
- Traveling to offshore islands
- Experiencing the reconstructed hill fort at “Castell Henllys Iron Age Fort’
- Traversing through the spectacular “The Dinosaur Park” in Tenby
- Traveling to the past by immersing yourself in historical castles such as “Pembroke Castle” the world-renown chapel “Saint Govan’s Chapel.”
Pembrokeshire has such a fabulous range of activities and experiences to be enjoyed for all ages, which is why it’s one of our favourite locations to staycation during the October half-terms. Why not take a look at some of our luxury accommodation options to complete your staycation? Follow the link here to see some of the exceptional stays we offer!
Dorset is a stunning county in the southwest of England, most famous for it’s Jurassic Coast – A long stretch of the coastline where the cliffs encompass a range of many fossils and rock formations which present centuries worth of geological history along the English Channel.
The county is a beloved staycation destination from Brits of all walks of life and there’s no question why, as Dorset is truly admirable. If you’re looking for gorgeous beaches, world heritage sites, unforgettable scenery and somewhere tranquil – look no further. On your incredible staycation to Dorset be sure to:
- Take a stroll through the beauty of “Durdle Door” an all-natural limestone arch standing around 200 feet above sea level.
- Venture off on a day visit to “Monkey World – Ape Rescue Centre”
- Explore the magnificent fortification “Corfe Castle” mounted above the village “Isle of Purbeck peninsula”
- Roam around the ancient “Brownsea Island,” one of the largest of the islands in Poole Harbour, owned by the National Trust and partially managed by the Dorset Wildlife Trust.
- Walk along the three major chalk formations “Old Harry Rocks,” including a stack and a stump, located at Handfast Point, on the Isle of Purbeck in Dorset.
Dorset is one of those unforgettable staycations you have to experience. Take the whole family and tour the county and exploring regions like Bournemouth, it’ll make for a holiday you won’t want to miss!
Suffolk is an East Anglian county in England bordering Norfolk to it’s north, Cambridgeshire to the west and Essex to the south. The county offers a popular staycation location for those looking for idyllic villages ( the perfect postcard photos!), family day outs and beautiful beaches. For a chance to make the most of your glamorous Suffolk staycation during October half term, be sure to visit:
- “Pleasurewood Hills Family Theme Park” a 59-acre fun-filled theme park perfect for families with older kids!
- Another perfect way to get the whole family out and interacting with animals is to take a visit to “Africa Alive!” Suffolks own wildlife park situated 2 miles south of Lowestoft, just off the A12.
- Take a stroll through the market town of Framlingham, immersing yourselves in the rich heritage of buildings like “Framlingham Castle.” Or make a stop at “Orford Castle,” just 12 miles northeast of Ipswich.
- Take a leisurely walk along the Suffolk promenade making sure to make a stop at the “Southwold Pier” for some spectacular views.
- Explore the “National Trust – Ickworth” with its neoclassical building and gorgeous landscaping.
As you can see, Suffolk boasts a wide array of activities for all members of the family to make some amazing memories.
Wherever you plan to staycation, be sure to take a ton of pictures of the fabulous experiences and tag us at #westaygroup on Facebook with all your staycation adventures! For a chance to plan your perfect October half-term staycation, speak to one of our trusted team members for further information!
We Stay is a vibrant, professional and creative property management company specialising in the serviced accommodation sector.
Our team has over 50 years experience within the property industry and our mission is to work and grow with property owners and professionals to maximise the potential of their assets and income, whilst ensuring guests also have the ultimate experience. We pride ourselves on building long-term relationships through short-term lettings and giving Landlords peace of mind, whilst We Stay take care of everything to create the perfect, hassle-free and lucrative way of managing properties.